You are welcome to join the Guild or come to our Meetings as a visitor (£3.00 per meeting). Even if you don’t spin, weave or dye, you are welcome to join us and learn these skills. We meet on the last Thursday of the month from 12.30 until 15.30, at the Diss Methodist Church Hall.
Benefits of Membership
For most people, the main benefits will be meeting like minded people, learning more about improving our own weaving, spinning and dyeing, exchanging tips and making new friends, but here is a list of more tangible benefits:
- 10 monthly meetings a year
- 2 social events: one in the summer and one in the New Year (before Twelfth Night)
- Several workshops a year, mainly ‘at cost’
- Chance to take part in the annual Guild Challenge
- Opportunity to exhibit your weaving, spinning, and/or dyeing-based work
- Voluntary involvement in community work – demonstrating at local events
- Access to the Guild library
- Hire of Guild Equipment
- Opportunity to sell at some events
The Guild is affiliated to the Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers which conveys considerable additional benefits.
Membership costs £20.00 per annum renewable at the AGM in November.
Meeting contribution: £2.00 – covers refreshments etc
Visitors are welcome (£3.00 per visit).
For further information, please see:
- Meetings and Events – recent and next
- All about our meetings
- Programme of Events
- Other Information for Members
Please use the contact form for any questions and we will get back to you.